Fire Outbreak Burns 5 Year Old To Death In Edo

- in News
401
0

image

In Edo state, tragedy stuck as a 5-year-old boy was burnt to death when a fire broke out in his home at Ijorgbor Street, Upper Sokponba road in Ikpoba-Okha local government area of the state.

The boy is reported to have been locked inside a room with his brother by their father when the fire broke out, engulfing their apartment.

Their neighbours stated that after their father locked them inside, he went out to buy something, unfortunately, that was when the fire outbreak engulfed their building.

Neighbours said they heard the deceased and his brother scream for help as they were getting burnt and they rallied around to get the boys out of the burning house.

Although one of them finally succeeded in breaking through a burglary proof in one of the windows, only one of the boys was rescued as the other was not so lucky.

Osamudiamen Edobor, one of the neighbours of the deceased, spoke about the fire incident, revealing that the intensity of the fire kept them from getting to the second brother.

“They have stove and generator in that room. The man was cooking in the room. It is sad that one of the children died,” Edobor said.

When contacted, the state police command spokesman, DSP Moses Nkombe, said he was yet to be briefed on the incident.

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

You may also like

FRESH MUSIC: SKALES FT WANDE COAL – MAKE LOVE IN THE MORNING

Baseline Music recording artist, Skales has officially dropped